The main objective of Google Analytics is to make reports and statistics for your website with respect to web traffic. This involve the total number of visitors per day on your website, where they from, which pages get more traffic, and why visitors left without carrying any action on the website. Just ask any SEO expert how important Google Analytics is for website SEO.
How Can Google Tag Manager Help You?
The use of Google Tag Manager is execute to overcome this issue. Google Tag Manager allows you to manage the disorder that is make by the number of tags present. It also makes you position the tags and make them work only on specific conditions and hence simplifying the work and data. Google provide you a free software that is Google Tag Manager. It can manage your marketing tags, custom code, event codes, and marketing tags also Google Analytics tags. Tag manager smoother out the process without replacing Google Analytics. GTM offer Google Tag Manager account through which user can track and manage all the tags and codes in one place. You can also change and edit your tags and codes by the use of GTM without changing the date and source code of your website.
Google Tag Manager also conflict with other tags aside from Google Analytics, like:
Google Ads Conversion Tag.
Google Ads Re-marketing Tag.
Facebook Pixel code.
Crazy egg tracking code.
Inspectlet tracking code.
Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics Events
Events represents the connection occuring on the web pages, and Google Analytics’ servers helps to receive relevant data that represent the statistics and information. A console will show comprehensive information if Google Tag Manager container code is put on the tag’s fire status and also show the data which is in process yet. According to Google Tag Manager events, you can fire your Tags.
In short, GTM identify a GTM event, then changes are form related to event for its code and tag into the Data Layer. The connection of the visitor and web page to fire the tags are made from this, in this process GTM act as a intermediate, called as a Digital Analytics Implementation.
What are Google Analytics Goals and Its Importance
Google Analytics was introduced back in 2005 by Google as the ultimate tracking tool. It is a free tool that allows you to monitor the flow of traffic on your website and its activity on your web pages. Almost 7 years later Google introduced the GTM (Google Tag Manager) tool to help website owners to integrate tags in your website without needing to disturb the website HTML code.
Before GTM you were required to generate a HTML code for every tag and place it accordingly in the website code. You actually required professional help for that. But with the introduction of GTM you can easily place any tag anywhere on the website with the GTM tool.
The connection between GTM and GA is that GTM is simply the process of data transfer like view counts and other events. In GA the information received from GTM is showed in an noticeable and arranged manner.
Some interactions and information are called goals which are essential and relevant to the observer and user. These goals are to be deal with more consideration than the others and are more important to the business according to their marketing needs and sales required. By composing GA, the stage where all data is show, we can benefit make GA understand which event and interaction are to be deal more importantly than others and show its stats and data in a way that is more understandable for the user to make more good decisions.
Comparison and Conclusion
GTM means for simplicity and user ease. It include tags and codes, tracks codes and also fit the conditions for firing them. Data between the website and the GA platform is transfer by GTM, without altering the source codes of website.
You can put Adds of Google and Facebook or other codes and scripts to your web page with the help of GTM. Codes can be physically put into data layers and websites however the use of GA and GTM can increase and ease your task while giving you efficient and observable data for your needs. As GTA and GA can live without each others, however with the help of both you can comfortably configure and insert, delete and change your codes without taking the help from web developers.
Google Analytics itself is a tag hence you can integrate Google Tag Manager on your website code and then use it to put the GA tag in your website to integrate Google Analytics.
Below are some differences between Google analytics and Google Tag Manager
Google Analytics VS Google Tag Manager
- The tag that is used to for GTM is called the container tag. While for Google Analyitcs it is called the Tracking code.
- Unlike the Google Analytics, the GTM tag is made up two parts where the snippets or the container tags are placed in the <head> section of the code of all web pages and the <body> section of all web pages. On the other hand Google Analytics’s tracking code is copied and pasted in just the <head> section of the website. With that you can track all the traffic and its activity on your website
- With the GTM container tag you can only records certain events and web pages views or any transaction that happens on your website. That too, when you create such variables and triggers. While the GA tracking allows you to track the location of the user, their session time on your web pages, from which channel they reached your website, through which search query (if organic or through Google Adwords).
- Google analytics tag can only hold the Google analytics tracking code tag. On the other hand the GTM tag can hold more than one marketing and analytical tag and their corresponding triggers.
- Both have a different user interface and you have to add them separately.
- Google analytics contains properties where each property could be a website or a mobile application. Every property has a different view for reports. The GTM on the other hand contains one or more container tags where a container tag contains one website or mobile app. Each container carries the triggers and variables.
- Unlike Google Tag Manager Google Analytics is not a management tool. You can only track the flow of traffic through Google Analytics while with GTM you can manage different tags.
- GTM redirects the data it collects to other sources such as from your website to GA. On the other hand GA is itself a data collecting source.
- That makes GA a data source which collects data and marketing analytics while GTM does not.
- On GTM you can change or edit the tags you have placed on your website. Change them, remove them or disable them. On GA you do not have such type of luxury.
Goals are high rank interactions and are designed through the GA. Sender of data of these interactions to GA, is only the GTM.
SET IT UP EFFICIENTLY
Governing Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics is a professional task. Your marketing wants and objectives should be handled with daily care and examine for future. You can serve to your financing needs through quality analysis and immerse an systematic use of tags and codes. If you do not want to manage the problem of maintaining and observing graphs and data with respect to web page traffic and code statistics or the problem of installing these codes then you can take professional help and get this done on Fiverr.
Read more interesting articles on SEOHub.